There is no question that traveling during the holidays can be quite stressful! Busy airports, congested roads, and an increase in airfares, the anxiety of traveling can be very frustrating. Fortunately, there are several tips that can be utilized during the holiday season that will help ease traveling during this busy time of year. Here are 5 tips that can help you be prepared and ready for the holiday season:
1. Buy Tickets Ahead of Time
– Traveling during the holiday season usually means an increase in airfares. Purchasing your flights several months in advance can save you hundreds of dollars, especially if you’re buying several airfare tickets. The longer you wait to purchase your flights, the more expensive airfare will be.
2. Take advantage of ‘dead weeks’
– This time of the season is some of the busiest months of the year, so book your flights carefully. Look for weeks that are less desirable that most people don’t book. The two most common ‘dead weeks’ are the weeks after Thanksgiving and the week right after New Year’s.
– The airport during this time of the year can be hectic. Registering for a TSA pre-check or other security express options prior to arriving at the airport can save you a lot of time. By doing so, this will eliminate the amount of time spending in long security lines and will keep you from having to remove your shoes, laptops, liquids and other items from your baggage. This will help speed up the process of getting on board your flight.
4. Be Prepared
– Let’s face it, there’s always a chance for things to go wrong or things might be forgotten. It’s always a good idea to be prepared. For instance, bring an extra folder boarding tickets, or other necessary documents. Be sure to double check and confirm your reservations and bookings prior to take off and remember to pack efficiently. Check-In can be done on-line 24 hours before your flight. This will eliminate checking in at the airport.
5. Fly Direct
– When possible, try to fly direct to your destination. Purchasing a non-stop flight will help immensely! By doing so, you will avoid having to worry about connecting flights during this busy time of the year.
By implementing these simple tips, it will help make your travels go so much smoother. Being prepared and aware of the stresses that come with traveling during the holiday season, it will help alleviate problems that might arise. Pack and travel smart, always be prepared in case things go wrong so you can enjoy this special time of year.